squiggletown.etsy.com

squiggletown. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Jade Bookmarks

Heyy everyone,

I know it's been quite a long time. Been making batches of these Jade Bookmarks that are inspired by a mix of Korean and Chinese culture. These bookmarks have been constantly evolving in terms of their design.


The first batch I made, I tried to go along with the simplistic feel of string and beads, but I thought it lacked some glitter. I also wanted to stick with the "original" materials of jade, semi-precious stones, pearls and porcelain. But again, it lacked something. So along the way, I added some Swarovski crystals, then moved from the usual green donut pieces to yellow jade, purple jade and even to this molted green red yellow cream jade.


I love the mix of colours and if you look closely enough, there seems to be a shimmer in the sunlight. It is really pretty. Did I mention that mint turquoise seafoam greenish-blue is kind of my favourite colour? (:


No comments: