squiggletown.etsy.com

squiggletown. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Burgundy and Macaroon Collections

Heyy Squiggletowners!
It has definitely been awhile. Unfortunately I have been so busy with work, that any breaks I have, I am only able to work on these batches of Jade Bookmarks (hope you guys aren't tired hearing about it). So I made another two collections this week as per a special order.



The 20 bookmarks will probably be the sixth collection I've done so far. The last post I made I talked about how the design has been constantly evolving. This collection is no different. I was very influenced by the current fall trends of oxblood / burgundy shades with jewelled tones and soft blush / pastel, dusty shades. Thus, the two collections - The Burgundy Collection and The Macaroon Collection.

Here's the introduction on the tags for each collection, which preludes a more detailed description of what makes up each unique bookmark:

The Burgundy Collection
This collection is all about jewelled tones, gems, shades of burgundy, teal, hunter green and purple.

The Macaroon Collection
This collection is all about soft pastels, cream, seafoam, dusty rose and sunshine.

The new collection also features a new bookmark hook (that is ironically without a hook) from Korea. I quite like the dreamy, almost cloud shaped pattern on the hook.

I have been dreaming and sketching new ideas, thinking of making more items, maybe along the lines of a more festive tone. Hopefully the next post will not be too long away. Thanks for reading! (:

No comments: